The Cavalier King Charles Spaniel Club, USA (CKCSC-USA) is the oldest registering body of Cavaliers in the United States, dating back to 1953. Our By-Laws and Code of Ethics require that all Members register every Cavalier that they own or breed. People joining the Club agree to this requirement.
To help new and returning members become active in the Club while also becoming in full compliance with the CKCSC By-Laws and Code of Ethics requirement, the Club has a Welcome Policy for New and Returning Members.
First-time members and returning members whose membership lapsed prior to December 31, 2014, can take advantage of the Welcome Policy and Fee Schedule. The reduced fees apply only to dogs registered concurrent with the membership application process. Once a member, the standard fees apply to future registrations. The reduced registration fees may be used only once.
The modified Registration Fee Structure for new or returning Members with non-CKSCS, USA, registered Cavaliers is:
- Cavaliers born outside the USA from an approved international registry - $50 (Unrestricted)
- Cavaliers born in the USA from the American Kennel Club (AKC) - $20 (Unrestricted)
- Cavaliers from any approved registry - $5 (Irrevocably Restricted from breeding)
To take advantage of these fees:
- All information must be submitted together and all fees must be paid upon submission.
a. The Membership Application,
b. A list of all unregistered Cavaliers, and
c. An Application to Register an Individual Dog for each one listed.
- Any required paperwork not available at the time of submission must be submitted within 6 months of membership. Should the paperwork not be completed within that time, registration fees revert to the standard amounts for any unregistered dog.
- For returning members, any unresolved issues with the CKCSC, USA, must be addressed prior to Membership being granted. This includes, but is not limited to, pending ethics violations and incomplete registration paperwork.
The new form to list the unregistered Cavaliers, New Member Application Supplemental List of Dogs Not Registered with the CKCSC-USA, is on the Club’s website in the Membership Section of the Forms page.